Habitual nudity and physical attraction.

Physical attraction to the opposite sex must be an innate feature, else we wouldn't be here.
I'm interested in what happens when the nudity taboo is taken away. Some studies have hinted at "built-in" responses. I've had people claim that sexual attraction becomes a thing of the mind and there is no physical component. I find that unlikely and of course, the possibility of human pheromones certainly complicates the issue. Perhaps even auditory stimulation plays a role.
Assuming nudists have sex, some of the people posting cast doubt, how do you become attracted? What prompts you to approach someone?
I enjoy public nudity, especially outdoors, but I don't do it enough to wear off the turn-on. Not at all sure I'd want to really.
So, what is a "natural" response?

This topic was edited
RE: Habitual nudity and physical attraction.

Clothes can be far more sexually provocative than the naked body, this is why the fashion industry is so big.

This post was edited

Clothes can be far more sexually provocative than the naked body, this is why the fashion industry is so big.

its very true

This post was edited

I think that our sexual response to nudity is Pavlovian. Pavlov, you remember taught dogs to salivate whenever they heard a ringing bell, because the dogs linked the sound to their being fed. After a while, the dogs would salivate to the sound even without being fed.

In much the same way, we are conditioned to equate nudity with sex. The only time we see nudity in the media is in a sexual situation, and the only time the textile world sees another nude body of a potential sexual partner is as a prelude to the act. So we come to associate nudity with sexual arousal.

But when you're in the constant presence of nude people, that conditioning wears off, just as a dog's reflex to the sound of a bell wears off after the dog realizes that it isn't going to be fed. The sexual reflex is diminished. That doesn't mean that we won't get aroused when there is a real prospect of sex, just as the de-conditioned dog will still salivate in the presence of food. Our sex drive isn't muted entirely, just put in the context of anticipated sex.

This post was edited