Increased frequency of "Hi, I'm new to the group" with empty profiles?

Has anyone else noticed? This group, and quite a few others I'm in, have multiple "Hi, I'm new" discussions by people with little information (if any) in their profile.
Some try to get people to contact them directly on private emails.
Some try to get people to visit other sites.
I don't know about you, but all the discussions below theirs are the ones that contain valuable conversations between members. Some of the "hi, I'm new" discussions are within the normal history of the site, but this recent uptick seems significant, seems to contain multiple people providing no information and seem to be using this as a hookup site.
Thoughts?

This topic was edited
RE: Increased frequency of "Hi, I'm new to the group" with empty profiles?

While I offer greetings to many new site or group members, I also encourage them to provide some information about themselves and their interest. Profiles can be very informative, it's wonderful to find someone lives near you or shares an interest. This gives you something in common to discuss as you break the ice in your conversations. It beats talking about the weather or sports.

This post was edited

I agree with Londosun and also with Yoshi. There are far too many who are not 'new' yet have no profile and no photo. I can understand the reluctance for some with photos, but I took the risk, despite my profession, to put up photos. But there is no excuse for no profile information. It takes minutes to write and submit. How can you expect people to respond if you give nothing. Friendships are a two way relationship.Yes, far too many "Hi, I am new" with nothing to recommend a possible friendship.

This post was edited

Has anyone else noticed? This group, and quite a few others I'm in, have multiple "Hi, I'm new" discussions by people with little information (if any) in their profile.Some try to get people to contact them directly on private emails.Some try to get people to visit other sites.I don't know about you, but all the discussions below theirs are the ones that contain valuable conversations between members. Some of the "hi, I'm new" discussions are within the normal history of the site, but this recent uptick seems significant, seems to contain multiple people providing no information and seem to be using this as a hookup site.Thoughts?sounds like us...we were here with a profile that said and showed little...for a very long time. its normal. as much as nudists say over and over how accepting they are of others, and of newcomers, the truth is that they are not..

This post was edited

Ppl can as well be quite shy and afraid to tell some details about themselves. Why this is might be cause of a bad background (bullying, violence etc). this site uses units when showing height and weight that even I don't know how much they are in my own country's units (kg and cm). Then there can be an option that they haven't had time to update their profile.We all can think many explanations why some leaves their details out. And I say let them leave them the way they wants them. If you want to know go ahead and ask. ^^

Yoshi, I understand being cautious, but they're not joining groups and joining in discussions. They're joining groups and immediately starting a new discussion that says "hi, I'm new, wanna meet me, chat with me, send photos back and forth" kind of thing.

They're not joining the discussion. They're looking to hook up with people, or get on webcams. There are groups dedicated to that. We're here to discuss home nudism.

Some people legitimately start with a discussion satin "hi, I'm new" and then proceed to be valued members of the group.

I've just seen a significant uptick of the bad kind in quite a few of the groups I participate in. I know many are fake profiles trying to hook up, using this as a hookup site.

That's what this thread is about. I just wanted to call it out so others can be on the lookout and might recognize when a person is abusing our groups.

This post was edited

nudistphil2011: I've noticed you suggesting they fill in a little info. I've also noticed them not take that advice and continue trying to get people to share photos with their yahoo email accounts.

I would hate for my groups to be abused so all the newest posts are from these fake accounts that should be canceled.

We'll see who is real and who is looking for a hookup. There have been a few of these in this group. I don't think all of them are the fake type, so if you're a legitimate member that started a thread like that, don't worry. Participate in the group, let us get to know you. You have nothing to fear. You just joined in at an unfortunate time when it appears fakers started targeting our groups.

This post was edited

Has anyone else noticed? This group, and quite a few others I'm in, have multiple "Hi, I'm new" discussions by people with little information (if any) in their profile.Some try to get people to contact them directly on private emails.Some try to get people to visit other sites.I don't know about you, but all the discussions below theirs are the ones that contain valuable conversations between members. Some of the "hi, I'm new" discussions are within the normal history of the site, but this recent uptick seems significant, seems to contain multiple people providing no information and seem to be using this as a hookup site.Thoughts?sounds like us...we were here with a profile that said and showed little...for a very long time. its normal. as much as nudists say over and over how accepting they are of others, and of newcomers, the truth is that they are not..

I just made another comment, but I'll say it again here. If you're a legitimate member, don't worry. Just participate and we'll get to know you from your comments and interactions. You're not going to see my face in my profile either. Being protexctive of your identity is not a problem for me. I've never had a problem with those "hi" discussions before, but they are spread out and the people (even with little profile info) turn out to be real and good, valued members.

I made my post because this group got up to four in short succession, and my other groups also saw a bunch of these too. It looks like a new tactic for fake users. Unfortunately, it makes people suspicious of people like you when you don't deserve it. As I mentioned. We can tell you are legitimate pretty quickly by your interactions even if your profile is somewhat empty.

The people that belong on this site are accepting of newcomers. We are accepting of all nudists that are here as nudists. Not so much with regard to newcomers that say hi, wanna webcam, share photos on personal emails and suggest you try the nudisthookup website.

This post was edited

Just to be clear;

I am not asking people to fill out their profiles and provide pictures.

Just noticed an increase in "hi" posts and many seem to be looking to hook up with people instead of wanting to be part of the group.

This post was edited

I agree the "Hi" posts are often empty and from members with empty profiles. It takes time to fill a profile and add the photos so I often reply with a welcome.
I also agree that we are much more likely to attract other members if we say something about ourselves and show photos. Others can see if they have a common interest outside nudism. The profile is a good place for it. That is the approach I took when Joining TN a few years back and I got a lot of encouragement in return. Alas the majority of TN members just show noting of themselves. Then they wonder why they don't find friends.

This post was edited

Well I am both new to the group and haven't updated my profile yet since I jus joined a few minutes ago. This group looks to be more my style. I like the points made in this discussion and will make an effort tomorrow to work on my profile and hopefully manage to take a decent picture ( I've not tried that much and the few I have tried I haven't cared for so might ask for some hints down the line ). At least I have made my first post now I hope that counts for something at least. :)

This post was edited

Welcome edward957

This post was edited