RE: Illinois Beach State Park

I went to this park for the first time on Monday. I arrived and it was about 70 degrees but the wind was from the south and it stayed very warm on the sand. I hiked down to the river and met a man in a thong. I went ahead and got naked, and then he did too. Later we were joined by a young guy who also lost his speedo. On two different occasions, two clothed men past us on the way to the other side of the river. A young male/female couple spread their beach towels out within eye shot of us, but they were no problem, and the young lady seemed to have taken her top off. No rangers, no flies and no clouds. A perfect day. Only real problem was that i waited too long to put on my sunscreen. :( The sun was very hot!

This post was edited

Today is the day for my first trip out to the beach this season. I will also be there tomorrow.

This post was edited

Beautiful day at the beach - weather was about perfect, but biting flies are on the increase. Look for days with wind out of the east to keep the flies down (but it will generally be cooler on those days).
I spotted nudistbicpl's umbrella just past the dead river, and figured that was the right neighborhood so I set down a ways past them... but there was a regular traffic of joggers and walkers preventing total relaxation. The rangers drove by once; no issue with thongs or with being on the beach past the dead river (but stay out of the dunes).

This post was edited

Where is everybody? There were only a dozen cars in the lot, and
nobody even in thongs. Come join me just south of the dead river,
although I'm probably out of here by 4.

(later)I never did see any of the usual crowd. Flies were less annoying than last weekend. I picked a spot by the dead river where I could see folks coming from a long way off and cover up, but otherwise spent quite a while soaking up maximum sunshine.
With a day this hot -- and there were nice cool breezes off the lake every once in a while, I'm astounded that it was this empty. There weren't even many muggles (ahem) textiles. I drove past the main beach and it was moderately crowded, but usually there are a lot more people out on the nature center beach.

This post was edited

I was there last Friday afternoon (6/3/16). Weather was great. The wind was out of the SE, so there was no problem with the flies. Rangers didn't come by, and it looked like they hadn't been by for several days. Lot's of thongs, but no one was totally nude. Spoke to one guy who said he had been ticketed last year for being nude and they told him that they were going to stop ticketing nudists and start arresting them. I hate wearing a thong. I would much rather be nude, but I don't want to be arrested, so I guess I'll be keeping my thong on there.I was there with you Dan. It was an awesome day. No flies, lots of thongs and there was some nudity. The two guys in the "bunker" were nude. The older one and the younger one.

This post was edited

Another beautiful Saturday. Water was warm, breeze kept the heat down, but I may have gotten a little crisp. Several guys in thongs on the main section of the Nature Center beach, several without beyond the dead river (including one guy who couldn't take hints that I wasn't chatty).

Only sign of rangers was older tire tracks, but vigilance is essential

This post was edited

MXQ123, I was out there on Saturday as well. Had my bike with me so I couldn't make it past the dead river. How is it down that way?

This post was edited

I didn't realize you "could" go beyond the river. How far? Is it "safer"? I did enjoy my one visit nude without rangers and without flies. Hoping to get back soon.

This post was edited

I'm going on Friday. Wind off the lake so no flies.....

This post was edited

I'll be there tomorrow with my wife so I won't be able to get any skinny dipping in

This post was edited