When you look at my at pictures you will see I am totally smooth. I
shave every day using a Gillett Mach 5 - yes 5 blades over my bits and bobs was
a bit scary when I first did it - but using Crabtree & Evelyn ordinary
shaving soap and a brush everyday has stopped the red spots and bumps. You must
shave every day to avoid them, and if you forget once in 8 days you won't get
them, but I found not shaving on a Saturday am did bring back the spots, and so
6 days between did not work so shave every day, and shave well to get rid of
all the hair. You will discover that this system, will and, should eliminate
the problem. Stick with it, all the best, Francis the real Nudey.

This topic was edited
RE: Red Bumps and Spots answer

Hailsa Francis,
Just happened upon your comment so I thought that i would let you know the things "I" do.
1st off, I've been a nudist all my life [growing up in a nudist colony in N. Calif]
Secondly, don't like the cold so during the winter i let the hair on top of the ole' head grow just to keep the noggin warm, BUT other than that, i am a total smoothie year round.
Thirdly, i have sensitive skin [and can "French-Fry" in the summer sun in 40 minutes w/w spf 30 or better] so i have to be careful what i use on the skin and have over the years doing the chemical research with all the "crap" that's in most shaving products that there are VERY FEW things out there that work EFFECTLY on sensitive skin and so have found a few things and proceedures that seem to work. These also would work for you as well if you would like to have me explain them.

Paul Lortz

This post was edited

Lotion or creams with heavy amounts of lanolin work really well. You get really smooth shave and the lanolin prevents bumps and razor burn. I have like many in here have been smooth for almost 20 years and this is the best way I have found!

This post was edited

i found if i keep the razor hot and use a good amount of shaving cream it seem to work best for me and i do it every 2 days or so i enjoy the look and feel of being smooth

This post was edited

As a new Smoothie ! I am having several problems and I can say that the guys on TN have been extremely helpful to me in trying to rid me of my issues. First I was cut up like a was run over by a zero turn lawn mower. Second RED RED RED RED BUMPS EVERYWHERE @@@@ Dam it ..
so i stopped using soap to get the area ready. I started using either Gillette Body gel or a cheap scentless conditioner. not sure which works better, they both have great results. Conditioner is going to be cheaper in the long run. But they both have extremely high slippery chemicals. SO i have a hard time even grabbing my junk to "Pull Taught" which leads to me getting an erection which leads to me getting busy with myself, then starting over again..... I also changed from a cheap bic disposable razor to a 5 blade type. am on my third different type so far will report which I like better soon ....
End result, no more cuts, and only a few RED BUMPS !!!!!!!
Deryck19Virginia USA

This post was edited

Hailsa Francis,Just happened upon your comment so I thought that i would let you know the things "I" do.1st off, I've been a nudist all my life [growing up in a nudist colony in N. Calif] Secondly, don't like the cold so during the winter i let the hair on top of the ole' head grow just to keep the noggin warm, BUT other than that, i am a total smoothie year round. Thirdly, i have sensitive skin [and can "French-Fry" in the summer sun in 40 minutes w/w spf 30 or better] so i have to be careful what i use on the skin and have over the years doing the chemical research with all the "crap" that's in most shaving products that there are VERY FEW things out there that work EFFECTLY on sensitive skin and so have found a few things and proceedures that seem to work. These also would work for you as well if you would like to have me explain them.Paul LortzPaul, would you please tell me what you found that might help us all
Thanks

This post was edited

I actually use Shea Butter Dove Bar soap and never use mySchick Hydro 5 razor more than 3 times as i am not only a smoothie, but a baldie [by choice] as well.
The things I do to prevent all those problems are as follows:
1. I spend AT LEAST half an hour in the hot tub. This gets the whole body [skin] warm and opens the hair opening for easier shaving.
2. I NEVER use a dull razor. If you have doubts, replace. Otherwise, you invite problems.
3. I also use Dove Shea Butter bar soap. Shea butter is not only a great skin conditioner but also has healing properties.
4. LATHER, LATHER, LATHER and let the lather stay on the skin to be shaved for at LEAST a FULL MINUTE. Inconvenient yes, but damn straight WORTH IT as the longer the lather is on skin, the softer skin and hair is so easier to shave off without problems and skin will be much smoother afterwords.
5. POST-SHAVE CONDITIONING IS A MUST!!!!!! "I" use Shea Butter lotion and it's great. Makes my skin soft, AND no redness or bumps.
Anything else you need to know, please ask. pdlortz@ymail.com
Paul

This post was edited

Also, avoid any type of lengthy exercise right after shaving. If you do a long run on Saturday, save your shaving until after you get done. Salt in those open pores is not pleasant.

This post was edited

I'm looking forward to the update, I started shaving a bit more in my pubic area and have started with the red bumps.

This post was edited

Follow Up on Gold Bond's Rough & Bumpy skin Daily Therapy Cream...I have used this product for about 2 months now. I can say that it has definitely made the rough, bumpy skin (from shaving)on the back of my thighs and buttocks feel much smoother;It has alsoslightly improved theappearance. So, for me, this cream seems to work, and I plan to keep using it on a regular basis.

This post was edited

I am now using the Schick Hydro 5 and love it. I started using Aveeno moisturizing cleanser first, then Gillette Body Gel to Lather, Lather, Lather, and wait for the gel to soften everything. then shave slowly, I still get erect while shaving, but that is just a positive outcome. I also am using the Gol Bond moisturizing creme after each shave. No red bumps. Thanks to all the advice from all the guys here with experience. My balls and pube area now super smooth and me and my boyfriend just love it.Deryck

This post was edited