I'm seeing a lot of spam ads

I'm seeing a lot of spam ads for fake profiles. No info, no pics, anonymous. Wish the admin would remove them.

This topic was edited
RE:I'm seeing a lot of spam ads

Definitely too many. Hopefully, if they can't be deleted, they can at least be relegated away from the first page by other topics.

This post was edited

Amen to that!

This post was edited

Would be great if they could all be done away with

This post was edited

I agree we are getting a lot. I have just clicked through to the profile of some recent ones on this group, checked their profile where all I see is has joined interspersed with posts soliciting contact on WhatsApp or similar (and never certified), so I have flagged their profile, selecting the first reason, i.e. "Fake/Spam...". We should all do this to help the moderators/site owner find and remove this unwanted activity. I certainly will from now on.

I have set my own threshold for how many spam messages I see on their profile before I decide they qualify for flagging, I don't want to flag someone genuine who might accidentally look like a spammer, especially if they are new to the site (as most spammers are). We need to exercise judgement, but use the system to get rid of the worst offenders.

This post was edited

That was supposed to read:
I have just clicked through to the profile of some recent ones on this group, checked their profile where all I see is "profile" has joined "group" interspersed with posts soliciting...
(but parentheses seem to be the only brackets we are allowed to use here!)

This post was edited