Artificial Intelligence

With the rise of Artificial Intelligence and Image Generators , please be on the lookout for photos altered or entirely generated by Ai. In the case of some users, they simply train an image generator on their face, and generate a nude body and environment around it. In the case of other users, they can simply generate an entirely fictional person that's close enough to reality to fool people. (View the comment sections of the linked profiles.)

I must reiterate, these are photos of people that don't exist, they're simply ai generated homunculus. It's important to keep in mind that this technology is still in it's infancy, so with a keen eye we can detect the presence of signs that indicate that these are ai assisted. In the next five to ten years at most, we will be able to generate photos indistinguishable from reality and undetectable as fakes, to the naked eye.

I believe this undermines the entire concept of TrueNudists. Gone are the days when we have to worry about whether an image has been manipulated with Photoshop, now you must determine whether or not the person in the image you see even exists.

Here are a few things to look for to spot if an image has been touched by ai or not. Again, keep in mind that this list may be entirely moot in the very near future, to that, I say... Best of luck navigating The Matrix.

The give-aways are hands, feet, and faces. Photos generated by Artificial Intelligence still can't quite get these features right consistently, so oftentimes the hands, feet, and face will either be slightly distorted, blurry, or just plain wrong.

AI struggles with getting identifying characteristics like a nose consistent throughout various images.
For instance, a nose size and shape may change from image to image or a mole may be present in one image and gone in the next. Lighting conditions are also a dead giveaway. If someone is nude on the street at night, with a bright street light in the background, why would their body be totally lit as if they have a powerful flash or floodlight attached to the camera, little things like this are dead giveaways... and things that most people miss.

This topic was edited
RE:Artificial Intelligence

Attached are examples of what I referenced.

This post was edited

You make a good point. All the men pretending to be female now have another tool to lure the overly eager lonely men on this site. Many social media sites have adopted a policy that AI generated images have to be labeled as such. Maybe something that should be applied here.

You are correct that the lighting is a dead give away. Consistency of shadows or lack of shadows is another as well a the dimensions of limbs and extremities which can sometimes be extremely asymmetrical. Bottom line you can tell still AI images if you are paying attention unfortunately many on here are so desperate they dont pay attention. I am struck by how many rush to friend accounts that on close examination are fake.
I believe this undermines the entire concept of TrueNudists. Gone are the days when we have to worry about whether an image has been manipulated with Photoshop, now you must determine whether or not the person in the image you see even exists. Lighting conditions are also a dead giveaway. If someone is nude on the street at night, with a bright street light in the background, why would their body be totally lit as if they have a powerful flash or floodlight attached to the camera, little things like this are dead giveaways... and things that most people miss.

This post was edited

You make a good point. All the men pretending to be female now have another tool to lure the overly eager lonely men on this site.
Absolutely, it's a sad state of affairs but it happens to be the truth.

Many social media sites have adopted a policy that AI generated images have to be labeled as such. Maybe something that should be applied here.
Yes, particularly where art and authenticity is valued. Sites where there are no such restrictions or "Ai Produced / Assisted" labels, the flood gates open and such content totally takes over the site. I predict if no such restriction is placed here, this site will suffer the same fate, hopefully to a lesser extent.

You are correct that the lighting is a dead give away. Consistency of shadows or lack of shadows is another as well a the dimensions of limbs and extremities which can sometimes be extremely asymmetrical. Bottom line you can tell still AI images if you are paying attention unfortunately many on here are so desperate they don't pay attention. I am struck by how many rush to friend accounts that on close examination are fake.
Agreed. To a deeper point, if all of these photos are approved, uploaded, and the account is stamped with certification, that adds a layer of legitimacy that contributes to fooling people that would otherwise be skeptical. A lack of observation and attention on all parties which lets those that would take advantage, run amuck.

This post was edited