RE:Real life naturism/nudism

Yep definitely always loved hearing about her road trips. she used to be here as well but havent seen or heard here is quite some time.
IAnd, just out of curiosity, who remembers the picture of Sparky with the funky hat & cake at her 60th birthday party. I always thought that picture was a genuine hoot!!

This post was edited

nkhiker wrote:

I often wonder what I am doing on this site. So much of the content and so many people here have nothing to do with true nudism/naturism.

Well, I sure don't come to this site as often as I used to. I come here mostly to be a voice of reason who can steer people who are genuinely curious about nudism to places where they can learn more, and to help dispel some of the misconceptions people have concerning nudism/naturism/what-have-you.

The biggest difference is that at the resort, the male-female ratio is about 1:1, as opposed to about 50:1 here at best.

I don't see that ratio at all. During most of my visits to Laguna del Sol or other resorts, I see a ratio of maybe 5 men to 1 women. At the larger special events like Naked Man or Nudestock, it seems to be 5:3 or even 5:4. The only place that seemed to be truly 1:1 was Harbin Hot Springs, which isn't a proper resort but a meditation/holistic health center. (I should add that Harbin's sister center Sierra Hot Springs is NOT clothing optional except in the pool and sauna areas.)

My local non-landed club seems to be 5:2, although some of them are couples... and not all of them are heterosexual couples. I suppose I could go through the member list and figure things out more exactly, but I haven't the inclination or the time.

As for the ratio online, it's anybody's guess. The only people who really count are the ones who are certified and, again, I haven't had the time or desire to go through all those and try to figure out their gender identifications. I might trust the figures on the membership of England's Barely Clubhouse, where you are actually interviewed by the site owners to see if you're the real deal or not.

Does TNS or AANR keep track of this? I don't know. I'm listed in TNS as a "couple" so my wife is included, although she isn't what you'd call a "practicing naturist." So that might skew the count there.

This post was edited

In many respect this thread has been taken off topic. Which isnt surprising since so few people on this site seem to have a regular experience with real life in person naturism.

This post was edited

In many respect this thread has been taken off topic. Which isnt surprising since so few people on this site seem to have a regular experience with real life in person naturism.

So true.

And so easy to identify them.

This post was edited

your statement is correct natural resorts are real life ! stuff on here sometimes not

This post was edited

homeclothesfree wrote:

You're quite right. Which is why people like you and me are important to this site. We have that experience, and can help dispel many misconceptions that people who aren't nudists/naturists have about us.

This post was edited

Beaches that are official such as Haulover are the first places I went to experience it.

I have been to naturist clubs since 2017 that I don't list on this site so I don't get followed by others to them.

I Always follow these four rules at naturist sites:

Rule 0. Never go in a water with earth all over you.

Rule 1.Never focus your attention intensely over long a time-frame.

Rule 2. Never think rude thoughts. Always have respect.

Rule 3. Always wear a towel when sitting down and use the towel to coverup if you need it.

Rule 4. Always avoid saying or doing rude things.

Bonus rule: Always try to never be the wrong type of rude and be mindful of who or what the other person is as a person, or at least avoid being disrespectful. Places like naturist areas are not meant to be to meet people doing rude things or to do rude things with others when people do not like it.

I want to visit a Naturist club near me (I already have found one that I am not mentioning) if it remains open later this year.

Real life nudist culture is usually a lot better experienced outside our bubbles than inside our bubbles. That does not mean everyone is always right or correct, but it can really be helpful to us to go to the Good Naturist Areas. I recommend the ones in Florida that are older establishments that are "Naturism" and not "Nudity," some of the "naturist areas" near Toronto Ontario Canada (Never been).

And Some of the ones in Europe, namely the one called the CHM Montelivet near Aquitaine France. A good public park in Germany once had naturism permitted, the Englischergarten public park near Munich, but I'd have to check, and there always is a risk factor with beaches and public parks even in "the West" or "Europe."

This post was edited