Not Nudist oriented, Just commenting on Father's Day!

At this Father's Day coming up, I am wondering if anyone wishes to reminence and/or make a comment, maybe share a thought? I will share this old "Tidbit" from years ago that still hangs with me and has more meaning everyday:

4 years: My Daddy can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lota whole lot.
8 years: My father does not know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.
14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!
25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.

This topic was edited
RE: Not Nudist oriented, Just commenting on Father's Day!

other than the final age, this is so true. thanks

This post was edited

Methinks I've been through all of those stages, but one.
Dad passed whan I was 30.
Even today, I remember his birthday, and he himself especially on Father's Day.

This post was edited

At this Father's Day coming up, I am wondering if anyone wishes to reminence and/or make a comment, maybe share a thought? I will share this old "Tidbit" from years ago that still hangs with me and has more meaning everyday: 4 years: My Daddy can do anything! 7 years: My Dad knows a lota whole lot. 8 years: My father does not know quite everything. 12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either. 14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned. 21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date! 25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much. 30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it. 35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first. 50 years: What would Dad have thought about that? 60 years: My Dad knew literally everything! 65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.

This is brilliant. Thanks for sharing it.
I have seen variations, but the meaning is still the same. Glad you liked it!

This post was edited

other than the final age, this is so true. thanks
THe bad news is I am at 65! The good news is I am still breathing! No, it did take me 65 to realize this either! Glad you liked!

This post was edited

I'm 45 and wish I could talk to my dad again. I was 29 when he passed. Sandy
I was 35!Mine ruled with an "iron" hand, but taught with a loving heart!

This post was edited

Methinks I've been through all of those stages, but one. Dad passed whan I was 30. Even today, I remember his birthday, and he himself especially on Father's Day.
Ialso realized this content well 30 years ago, when my Dad died ! Thank Goodness, I have been compared to him already by Kids and others!

This post was edited
RE: Fathers Day

having recently lost my father this fathers day will be hard I thank him for all he did in my life and wish I could talk to him one more time

This post was edited

I'm 61 and I don't how many times over the last 22 years. I wished that I could sit and talk things over again with my dad. I love and miss you dad!!!

This post was edited

I lost my father 21 years ago. Allen lost his in 1969. I was the child who helped my dad build shelves, etc.

This post was edited

I knew this forum should stir memories and that is good! We need to pay respects to the Parents (or Father in this case) who tried to teach us so much even though we were sometimes too stubborn to listen. Mine always had an answer or way to a solution. I never remember him saying I can't help you!

Thank you all for participating and sharing memories!

This post was edited