RE:Cars we used to own and wish we still had.

We had a very special car that got away from us - and 40 years later we tracked it down and bought it back. It's in our garage again, and only takes short trips around town or to shows and cruise-ins.

This post was edited

I Gas contact with many european cars and at a certain point , after throwing away my 1961 DKW Junior I decided to keep a good example of these I love. So actually I own a 1974 Ford Taunus Coupe, a 1982 Ford Capri, a 1996 Alfa Romeo 164, a 1996 Jaguar XJ6 Sport and a 2006 Alfa Romeo 166.

That's a great selection, and two Alfas, so big respect to you! I still wish I'd kept my Alfa 164 3.0 Lusso, wonderful car...

This post was edited

We had a very special car that got away from us - and 40 years later we tracked it down and bought it back. It's in our garage again, and only takes short trips around town or to shows and cruise-ins.

And what type of car is that?

This post was edited

By noodengr2:
I have only owned 5 cars in my life time. The one that I wish I still had was my Mazda Miata . Bright red and of course ragtop. Fun to drive, even if horrible in snow. I also drove many miles while naked, some of those with the top down and in daylight through back country roads of NW Ohio and NE Indiana.

Miata: stands out. Red Miata: stands out even more! Even though mine is a low-key deep metallic green, I still feels it stands out in a sea of silver SUVs. I was nervous driving nude in pitch darkness with near-zero traffic, let alone in the day!

I learned to drive in my father's 1968 Plymouth Satellite . If I ever came across a restored one of those I would not mind at least taking a spin in for old time's sake.

Faster than the speed of light? Perhaps only if you're an alien. ;-)

This post was edited