Cleveland Schvitz - Posted March 22

Men,
Thanks for joining CLEsteamersCLE.
"This is a private and NON-SEXUAL nudist MEN'S social GROUP"
I got feedback that the original group description sounded like a gay bathhouse. This is NOT the case at all.
If you haven't fully read the description and "rules" of the group, please click on the ABOUT tab now and really read it through carefully so you can decide if this is the right group for you.
The Schvitz Social Club has been around since 1927 and is a traditional men's Russian Sauna/Bathhouse.
They don't have a website but you can find more info on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Schvitz-Cleveland-1802599413188885
Or google Schvitz Social Club where you will find a business listing with additional info and a link to map their location.
I will need to inquire what the entrance fee is for the day and the cost of any treatments, food and/or beverages.
SEE BELOW comments.
Basically, what it looks like is this: steam room with cold plunge; oak leaf Platza treatment upon request; maybe a massage, again on request; some sitting around a table eating food (they serve steaks with garlic along with other house classics) and some beer; maybe a smoke - pipe or cigar - and a glass of bourbon. We can find out if any of this is BYOB or not.
I spoke with the owner and their current hours of operation are basically 2:00-9:00 pm Tue-Sat.
In order for them to open the doors for the day, they need a minimum of 15 patrons. We personally don't need to be a group of 15, but only a fraction of that number. In other words, regardless of how many guys we have in our party, we need to pick a day (or days) in advance and they will let us know when and if they have enough men to open the doors on that particular day.
As I stated in the group description, this is a space to more easily ORGANIZE a group outing to the Schvitz.
Let's begin this thread by chiming in with our availability over the next month and see if we can come up with enough consensus on a day or two that works for as many of us as possible. If it doesn't work for you this time, please take it upon yourself to suggest a date that works for you the next time around. Or the next, or the next. The whole point of this is to create ongoing events, perhaps once a month, where we can all meet up to spend some classic "man time" together schvitzing, eating, drinking, smoking, all the while doing (most of) it in the nude.
One last note. Depending on how far away we are from Cleveland, as the date approaches we can also coordinate sharing (or not) overnight accommodations at a convenient nearby hotel.
Let's see what you got in the comments below by hitting the REPLY tab.
[Please do not start another topic/discussion.]
All the best, brothers!
Frank

This topic was edited
RE:Intro and Availability - Posted March 22

I am available Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat
The weeks of:
Mar 29 - 2 Apr
Apr 5 - 9 Apr
Apr 19 - 23 Apr
Apr 26 - 30 Apr

This post was edited

I wood need a heads up for time off. Im willing to share a ride/room

This post was edited

Tuesdays or Thursdays should work for me

This post was edited

This just in from the owner regarding PRICES and AMENITIES
All Inclusive:
It is all-inclusive price at $150 per person. Cash is preferred, but we do accept credit card with added convenience fee.
The all inclusive covers: entrance, lockers, towels, Schvitz, cold pool, showers & new outdoor patio.
Also included complete steak dinner - 1.5lb. Angus Rib Steak w/side dishes dill pickles-peppers, hot rye bread & butter.
Alternatives are: Ahi Tuna, Salmon, Steak Burgers, & Vegan/vegetarian.
Also unlimited beverages from our coolers: Beer, Hard Seltzers & Soft Drinks.
You are still welcome to bring your own booze, wine, beverages, snacks & smokes.
Gratuities for inside staff as well as outside parking lot & building security are customary.
Massages are priced separately $35.+tip.
Platzas, when available, are $25.+tip.
Again: reservations are required.

This post was edited

To be honest, I was a bit skeptical that the owner was price gouging because we're new patrons.
So I reached out to a few guys who recently left positive reviews on Yelp and Google and asked if this was the going rate.
I received this response that dispelled any concerns I may have had.
"Yes that is the price that we've paid. It does include all you can drink beer, a veggie plate, and the steak dinner, which is always Great. They really take care of you. The massage was $30. If you go there for 6 hours like we do, the price doesn't seem so much."
What did you do over that 6 hours?
"Eat. Drink. Smoke cigars. Play cards. Schvitz. Cold plunge. Repeat as often as necessary. You can pick a time for the massage and a time for the steak dinner. Pretty laid back, they don't rush you until 9pm."
"Enjoy the Schvitz. Well worth it. BTW...If you've ever heard the classic 1980s Cleveland song, Funky Poodle by Wild Horses, Billy (the owner) is the lead singer."
So there you have it folks!
Let's hear what you want to do.

This post was edited

Im thinking 4/12

This post was edited

I can do 4/12 as well.
This is a Tuesday.
Is anyone else interested?

This post was edited

Gotta check kids game schedule, but if all is clear then I am in.

This post was edited

Looking at the Schvitz Facebook page, it looks like they're closed for the summer through mid-September? When they re-open, Saturdays would be best for me, but I might be able to get an afternoon off to get some decent time in.

But with a $150 ticket price, I definitely won't be able to afford doing this too often! Thanks for organizing.

This post was edited

Oh man! Did this happen?? I wish I had seen this....I would love to go! Damn!

This post was edited