Neighbour's gardener

I never wear clothes at home or in my garden during the warmer months.

I have a fully enclosed plot of about an acre/3000m2

I have two accesses, one is double gates for a car, which are solid, and a small gate to the side for pedestrians. To get to this pedestrian gate you have to go down down flights of steps, which turn, so you can't see in the land from the road (i am the last house in a cul-de-sac).

I just happened to be walking up my land to the car entrance, where I also have a fishpond. As I got to about 15/20 meters from the gate, I heard a voice calling out "Hi Martin... sorry... do you have any fuel I can borrow for a lawn mower". I was slightly taken aback, as I've lived in this house for 20+ years and nobody has ever used that gate!

Anyway, to cut a story short, the next door's gardener made nothing of me being naked, and when I wne to get him a container of fuel and pass it through the gate, nothing was said. I was all just matter of fact, which was really refreshing.

In case you wonder, I did get the fuel container back full the next week, but he just left it by the gate, rather than coming down.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.