Who will be the GOP candidate for 2012?

Well Mitt Romney is now out there but will the right wing Christian hard core loonies vote for him? Good to see he has a reasonable policy on healthcare as opposed to the ideological idiocy advocated by some.......hehe just stirring I wait for the usual right wing tirade, also what happened to Glenn baby falling audience and ad revenue?
I hope we don't have to listen to Huckabee's appalling music...........OK guys what will the field be?

This topic was edited
Who will be the GOP candidate for 2012?

*Sigh*
Is it possible to have political discussions without name calling? What does it really accomplish anyway? Each "group" of people have values, whether they are Christian or not. Why should anyone attack another's values that they hold dear? This only promotes division among the American people. We should not focus on how bad we think the other person is, but rather, how each of us can help to be a part of the solution.

The Presidential race has become a popularity contest, just like all elections accross the globe. It is no longer about who has the best qualifications for the job. We should regard this process as a job interview. The questions we ask of candidates should be about his/her ability to do the job for which they are applying.

So far, I think that the man with the best qualifications is Herman Cain. He is well educated, he has excellent business experience with a proven track record, great values, and wants to see The U.S. reach its potential as the best economy in the world. He believes in small government, lower taxes and strong national defense. Herman is well spoken and knows the issues that are important to the people. He is also a supporter of the Fair Tax. https://www.fairtax.org. He is also someone who believes that the Constitution should be our guide for our country.

The next best candidate is Newt Gingrich. He has many of the same qualities of Herman Cain. Newt has experience in the Federal government as Speaker of the House of Representatives. He is well versed in the Constitution. Newt has studied the Constitution and our government and how it was designed to operate.

Let's work together for the common good of the country.

"Honor your father and mother, love your neighbor as yourself."

-JR

This post was edited
RE: Who will be the GOP candidate for 2012?

Is it possible to have political discussions without name calling? What does it really accomplish anyway? Each "group" of people have values, whether they are Christian or not. Why should anyone attack another's values that they hold dear? This only promotes division among the American people. We should not focus on how bad we think the other person is, but rather, how each of us can help to be a part of the solution.
Possible ? Yes, in very small groups of people who are not of the persuasion "I hate ( fill in party here )" or " ( fill in party ) are ALWAYS wrong, no matter what !"
Likely ? Not on a web site.

This post was edited

jr, love your answer, attacking ones values is not a way to have a debate. Your listing people and their good points is the way a debate shoulld be done.

This post was edited

I find it so interesting that these topics always seem to be startd by non-Americans. Don't you guys have your own political crap to worry about?

This post was edited

Good observation FatNudist... but American politics is an excuse for a lot of non-American's to bash & attempt to make fun of our great country. Maybe it's rooted in jealousy or a superiority complex, can't say I really know why, but can say I've seen it repeatedly when traveling abroad. Unfortunately, we've given them plenty of foder for discussion with some of the norrow mindedness, extremism politics and worse some of the people we've elected, who frankly probably have no business being in an elected office.

This post was edited
hi

dose it realy matter

This post was edited
RE: hi

dose it realy matter

It certainly doesn't seem to. Washington DC seems to be so disfunctional at this point that there seems little hope they will ever figure out how to 'fix' things.

This post was edited

The biggest reason why so many countries are affected by what goes on the US is because they depend so much on our tax dollars going to them in aid. Maybe if our politicians would stop giving so much to countries that don't appreciate us and do nothing but complain about us, we can use the money to bring our economy back to where it once was. At this point, any republican is better than who is in the white house right now, but I have to say, I like what I'm hearing from Herman Cain, and I would whole heartedly support Marco Rubio if he were to put his hat in the ring. No way on Newt, Romney, Huckabee, Palin, and the other inside the beltway republicans.
Also, the Fair Tax argument has some merits but I think a Flat Tax of 15% across the board with no deductions would be something I'm in favor of. I'd also get rid of most of the other taxes and abolish the IRS. Simplify the tax code and get rid of all witholding taxes. Make everyone pay a quarterly check for taxes like most businesses do. If so they would see how the government is screwing us each day. The withholding tax is one of the biggest government scams in existance.
My two cents!
Mike

This post was edited

Good observation FatNudist... but American politics is an excuse for a lot of non-American's to bash & attempt to make fun of our great country.
Maybe from other non Americans, but never from this one. I LOVE America, always have, and it's that passion that causes such angst over what's happening now. Obama is working dillegently to earn the worst President ever award, and liberals seem to forget what exactly it was that made your country great.

This post was edited
RE: hi

dose it realy matter
Yes, it really dose.

This post was edited