Uhhh...I think we have an uninvited guest...

Well...it happened. I went to check the kitchen in the motorhome and there it was...a chewed up mess. We really didnt have any food in the cabinets but our visitor liked our tea stores & even sampled the Truvia. Were currently in pursuit of said critter but a box of chewed up bait and four escapes from the glue strips says this is going to be a tough match. Stay tuned for more episodes of Critter Capers.

This topic was edited
RE:Uhhh...I think we have an uninvited guest...

How goes the Cat and Mouse game?

This post was edited

The critter has met its demise; it fought to the end but to no avail. On the practical side if you have a similar encounter, it had used the firm turned up edges of the glue traps to pull out of the glue. It had obviously taken much effort but was successful each time. I took a razor knife and cut down the edge strips to minimal height, stapled the trap to a 18 X 24 piece of plywood and baited the trap with peanut butter. Two days later, it was stuck. Im now cleaning up the mess; hopefully it has no close relatives.

This post was edited

That is one of our biggest fears that we have not encountered... yet! We are very diligent of leaving no food products in the coach while it's stored. Our close friends own a 5th wheel and she does leave some things in her pantry and they've had a couple uninvited guests. One of the things she swears by are dryer sheets, like Bounce. She's got them in several places and changes them out frequently. She says that since she's placed them around her interior, they've not had an issue but she still keeps some food products in her pantry. Lucky for us, our pantry and food storage cabinet is small enough we just take all of it out before the coach goes back to storage.

This post was edited

Glad to know the hunt is over. My wife's solution would be to sell the trailer because she would never go in it again.

This post was edited

On the dryer sheet effort, I use a small tub of lavender scented Pinesol in the floorboard of the Mustang to keep critters out. I read an article that said rodents do not like some strong odors. I now keep the pinesol refreshed & spray the trunk with the aerosol. I havent had a visitor in over a year. Im applying the same technique with the motorhome along with a glue trap in the cupboard. And, I pulled all the drawers in the visited areas, vacuumed everything, used a mild bleach solution on it, wiped everything down with bleach wipes, washed everything in the drawers and later sprayed everything down with Lysol spray. If I missed anything...it wasnt because the effort wasnt made. The wife is happy!

This post was edited

Glad to know the hunt is over. My wife's solution would be to sell the trailer because she would never go in it again.

I also suspect that if my wife was aware or saw a mouse or rat in our motorhome, the first thing she'd want me to buy was a For Sale sign! ;DD

This post was edited

My best buddy for 40 yrs his wife has a pension for moth balls like the elderly laddies I work for. I wont go in his camper or high end 5th wheeler now. Makes me literally sick but it's still an ole thing for mice and moths. I have even known of guys putting moth balls in there classic show cars here when in storage. If bounce sheets really works why is there still mice poop still spread about ?

This post was edited