My dads unintentional parental shortcoming

I truly feel my relationship with my father is hindered due to lack of nude male bonding beyond the age of 4 when we stopped sharing showers. Thanks to mom my dad and I stopped sharing a house around that time as well. But he was always present in my upbringing but that bond I see him and my younger brother share, and by circumstance they spent every day together which inevitably gives them the leg up but I know for a fact they have been nude in front of/with one another as recently as this year. My brother is straight and I am smart (j/k my heter-bros)and I am gay. As accepting as he is now I think he being my dad has always known and by societal influence formed a close in nature but different dynamic with me. My brother will ditch his shorts with me when were out on the water and I am happy to have that. Would love to hear people with similar as well as the opposite experiences I daydream of. Thanks for investing your time towards my wordy divulgence.

This topic was edited
RE:My dads unintentional parental shortcoming

A very honest and moving account. Very personal too. Brave of you to be able to share those experiences.

This post was edited

I admire that you are open about your upbringing, but your profile is relatively empty, uncertified and posts what looks like a picture of a picture. It's hard to take seriously and as an extension your story about your dad. Nor am I clear why your younger brother shared a house and nudity with your dad but you didn't. Perhaps you split up and you lived with your mom?

This post was edited

You words made me tear up, brother Billy. My dad died when I was 21 and I never got to hear those words. Although, deep down, I know he was just as proud of me as I am of him (all shortcomings, on both sides, included).

This post was edited

Excellent work. Your children will have no problem with body positivity and hang ups very much because theyve been allowed to experience seeing all types.

This post was edited

I couldn't agree more with you on this. Thanks for sharing.

This post was edited

Im sorry man. Healthy male bonding with our fathers is so important. I never saw my dad naked. As a result, I was so unsure of my place as a man.

This post was edited