Upgraded Our RV!

We finally purchased a replacement RV. We had been shopping for something to take the place of our 1996 Class C for over a year. Last month we found a "Pre-enjoyed" 2011 Class A front engine diesel. We have had one short weekend in the new motorhome and are crazy about it. We are looking forward to a Haulover trip at the end of the month. It's reassuring to be in something manufactured this century.

This topic was edited
RE:Upgraded Our RV!

Congrats! Hope you have many happy and safe miles ahead.

This post was edited

My wife and I have talked for years about getting a camper or rv but just never have pulled the trigger and bought one. Maybe one day. Congrats on your new purchase!

This post was edited

Thank you!

This post was edited

Not an upgrade but refurbishing and repurposing some storage cabinets in our motorhome. One regret, I couldn't do these projects naked. I had a good friend, textile friend and he knows I'm/we're nudists, helping me out. He's got better woodworking skills than I do and I needed the expertise.

I took out the old tube type 35" color TV that was the original. I WAS able to do that project naked while we were staying at Laguna Del Sol back in September of this year. That was fun to do! I replaced the frame around the old TV and covered the empty hole with a red plastic table cloth. My wife said that "it looked naked," so I drew two naked stick figures on the table cloth to simulate a TV picture. The storage guys got a kick outta that! Can't believe I didn't get pictures of all this renovation!

I repurposed a small, shallow cabinet and mounted a wall TV mount inside the cabinet to now hold a 32" flat screen SmartTV. It sits facing the couch so no more sore necks watching TV sideways! This cabinet used to house our DVDs/VHS tapes. We don't watch network TV while out in the our motorhome so this cabinet will not be missed as far as storage goes.

The old TV left a huge hole over the dash of the motorhome. We repurposed that and made it into a storage cabinet for whatever we want! We need to get out in the coach and get a feel for what else we want, need and do some reorganizing of the other cabinets but we want to do it naked so we'll have to wait until it warms up just a bit! hahahaha

This post was edited

Congrats and best wishes on your new ride. Be safe and have fun.

This post was edited

Ironically before the world took a drastic change we bought a new trailer as an upgrade to blend both of our interests/needs. I need something to haul my toys and camp in. It's funny how trailers don't look that big on when there in a sea of other trailers. Turned out to be much longer than expected and I will need to upgrade the shocks on the truck. Didn't see that coming as its a 1 ton dually. Went to take it home only to quickly discover that it won't fit though the gate and the amount of rain we have gotten that it needs to be parked on something solid until it dries out.
Its a nice trailer and I got the other cleaned up for sale but looks like that will be a way off. Funny how I solve one problem only to create three others to solve, at least I have the time now. Hopefully this turns around quick so we can try it out!

This post was edited

Ironically before the world took a drastic change we bought a new trailer as an upgrade to blend both of our interests/needs. I need something to haul my toys and camp in. It's funny how trailers don't look that big on when there in a sea of other trailers. Turned out to be much longer than expected and I will need to upgrade the shocks on the truck. Didn't see that coming as its a 1 ton dually. Went to take it home only to quickly discover that it won't fit though the gate and the amount of rain we have gotten that it needs to be parked on something solid until it dries out.Its a nice trailer and I got the other cleaned up for sale but looks like that will be a way off. Funny how I solve one problem only to create three others to solve, at least I have the time now. Hopefully this turns around quick so we can try it out!

This sounds like something that had my name all over it. I read your post to Carol and she cracked up. Yesterday, I took the Luxury Motor Coach 1.0 out to fill it up with cheap gasoline and drive it to the new prospective owner. We had spent a couple of days cleaning and emptying it over the weekend. Well, I had the gas pump running and smelled gas...the filler neck coupling was pouring fuel all over my feet. Plan B, replace and try again.

This post was edited

I had a similar problem but it was short term...my motorhome was making a little 'pit' in the sand and I had visions on a tow truck on site. I found four pieces of 4'X4" 3/4" BC plywood and laid them out (2 deep) in the spot. I backed the rear tires over the spot and no more sinking in the wet sand. It was only for a few weeks but it did the trick.

This post was edited