RE:What types of whiskeys are people drinking here?

I'm about to start just under a month's whisky and whiskey tasting. A good friend (and fellow nudist) gave me an advent calendar with a different dram for each day.

Now I've just drunk the dram for 19 Dec. Here are my tasting notes (very subjective scores out of 20). I list them in date order starting 1st Dec. 1 Tullamore Dew (Irish) 18/20. 2 Ka Va Lan (single malt) 16/20. 3 Glenfiddich 15/20. 4 Cardhu (my normal tipple) gold reserve 18/20. 5 Four Roses Bourbon 12/20. 6 Glen Scotia Double Cask. 7 Dubliner (Irish) 8/20. 8 Glengoyne 14/20. 9 Tullamore Dew 10/20. 10 Shackleton (blended) 7/20. 11 Elements of Islay 6/20 (probably too peaty for me). 12 Rebel Yell (rye) 14/20. 13 Teeling (Irish)7/20. 14 Jim Beam devils cut (Bourbon) 11/20. 15 Monkey Shoulder 10/20. 16 Pike Creek (Canadian) 14/20. 17 Bulleit Frontier (rye) 17/20. 18 Haig Club 16/20. And 19 Jim Beam (Rye) 17/20. Sorry if I gave a low score to your fav tipple. As I said it's subjective and it's a matter of my personal taste. You will like ones which I might not appreciate fully.

This post was edited

What scale are you using to rate your whiskys?

This post was edited

Never really got into bourbons here, for some reason. I'm a single-malt scotch kinda guy, especially the islay types. Laphroaig 15 is my go-to.

This post was edited

Ok lets see if I can say this with a straight face Bombay Gin ok ok Crown Royal apple

This post was edited

That is a fine list of scotches you have there! Lagavulin, Glenmorangie, and Highland Park are all high on my list! Cheers.

This post was edited

I am partial to ride with me, but Kentucky Straight Bourbon is a close second. Of course Crown Royal is always a yummy go to.

This post was edited

Thanks for accepting me into this group. I like Jack, Jim, Crown, Bullit, Blanton's, Woodford Reserve. But my favorite is Garrison Brothers out of Texas. I plan on going to your their distillery soon. If you haven't tried it you need to. I recently got hooked on Old Forrester Rye it is amazing. I usually add lots of crushed and Dr pepper or coke to my drinks and a few maraschino cherries, with the exception of Garrison Bros. I like it on the rocks.

This post was edited

My favorite is Knob Creek

This post was edited

Another Knob Creek fan here. I received sever different whiskies for Christmas, and purchased a couple for cooking and sharing. Lately I have been drinking a different one every night, I think I like this! I like whisky, have rarely had a mid to top shelf that I didnt like. Monkey Shoulder, Knob Creek, Sexton, and I am even drinking the Gentleman Jack I got my wife for bourbon balls. And no I did not spill my drink in my lap. I like the variety, may pick up a Rye probably Bullit and a single malt for Sunday. All are preferred neat, on a cube or two.

This post was edited

My favorite is Knob Creek

I like that too

This post was edited