natural privacy screening

I've been working for years to screen in my back yard naturally for nude sunning , gardening and someday even cutting the grass and apparently because of my nudity my neighbor behind has been so too till yesterday when she had two guy come cut down the main bushy tree that not only screened her back porch but in returned screened mine yes I was bummed watching them cut away branches . now I can see their porch area and they can see mine clearly. both sides of my yard are very secluded with leyland cypress and creeping flower vines but because of my sloped yard water collects where I've tried planting Leyland cypress - this open spot she has created is maybe only 20 feet wide or so so now I have to figure a fast growing water tolerant scrub - bush to fill the void . I don't want a privacy fence but though of some wire fencing with ivy but even that i'm not sure. Any thoughts ? again water collects back there when it rains

This topic was edited
RE:natural privacy screening

Bummer. The fastest grower I know is bamboo. Just make sure you get the clumping kind and not the kind that runs and spreads all over the place. But even bamboo is gonna take awhile to grow into a screen. Meanwhile you may need to put up something temporary like maybe a wood fence.
Does the water stand very long after a rain? Like more than a day or two?

This post was edited

Hollies also don't like wet soil. Photinia and Euonymus both seem to like our wet area of the garden and also the Cornus (Dog woods) but these drop their leaves in winter.

This post was edited

How high does your privacy screen need to be? I have put quite a bit of effort into making my garden more secluded. I am using old dog pen panels to improve and enlarge the area that is private. Longer term will be planting paw paw trees (up to 18-20 ft), persimmon trees (15 ft) and transplanting wild holly tree seedings.

Holly grows very slowly so it will be a long time before it gives you enough privacy.
Forsythia grows quickly but will send out shoots that take over the adjoining area.

This post was edited

How high does your privacy screen need to be?

Go to where you want to be naked and lower your eye-level to just above crotch level. Look at the eve level of the people wthat you want to be screened from and the direct line from your eyed will pass over your boundary at the required height.
A little cross-checking using bamboo canes or similar will soon tell you - every garden is different.

This post was edited

Your big problem is the waterlogged area. Bamboo and willow will both thrive. Alternatively build a raised bed high enough to be well above the water table. Then I'd add a fence topped with a trellis and plant a fast growing climber like Clematis Montana. Or you could try putting in land drains.

This post was edited

Your big problem is the waterlogged area. Bamboo and willow will both thrive. Alternatively build a raised bed high enough to be well above the water table. Then I'd add a fence topped with a trellis and plant a fast growing climber like "Clematis montana". Or you could try putting in land drains.

Corrected your mistake.

This post was edited

Why did the neighbor cut down the tree? Was i to prevent you from being nude or so she could see better? If the latter. why not let her watch?

This post was edited

I had a neighbor cut down some arbor vitae. It is now possible for him to see over my privacy fence from his deck.
Since he is rarely on the deck, I still go nude inside my privacy fence.

This post was edited

Why did the neighbor cut down the tree? Was i to prevent you from being nude or so she could see better? If the latter. why not let her watch?

I had a neighbour who cut down part of my privacy hedge. She complained she couldn't see into my garden knowing I'm a nudist. Yes I let her see whatever she wants. I think she's happy now as she's let it grow again.

This post was edited

thanks for the feedback no she never been friendly we've been neighbor 20 + years and this was the only tree she had chopped up. the water stands 2-3 days if it rains a lot but I can set whatever I plant back some . I've thought about a trellis with climbing ivy but a few have mentioned bamboo I like the idea of something 12-15 feet tall as all houses are two story. going to my local garden center tomorrow to see what I can find.

This post was edited