RE: How to tell your roomates your a nudist?

bump

This post was edited

bump

This post was edited

first of all , i would start walking around the flat in just boxers or shorts , im sure you seen then do the same .
when taking a shower leave the door unlock and when walking back to your room , do it nude with the towel over your shoiuld and some times around your waist ..
when in the shower call out to one of then to bring in the towel you forgot to take in with you .
when going to put washing on . do it in t shirt and underwear , and take then off and put in the machince , then go straight back to your room.
if you share a room when undressing standing talking with just a t shirt or underwear on and on diffent day , do it nude ,
when in bed nude , get up walk to the toilet and back
there pleanty of things you can do slowly around the houde semi nud eor nude , with out asking your freinds
have you ever been swimming / gym togeather and share locker room / showers ???
would try the above and see what happens with out talking to them .if there find it upsetting there will soon tell you .
good luck

This post was edited
How to tell your roomates your a nudist?

My 2 cents. I have a home in Northern California just outside San Francisco. I have an all-male nudist household. 1 straight, 1 bi and 1 gay man. We get along great and no problems. We all walk around naked, do laundry naked, cook naked, watch tv and surf the Internet NAKED!
The topic of you being a nudist could pose a problem. You present roommate as you stated already saw you naked when your sheets fell off. He is not someone who will like the idea. If he did he would not have woken you up to tell you to put clothes on. You might try the other two guys. I suggest you take them individually to a nudist beach to see there reaction. Bring each of them on a popular day, where both men and women run around naked on the beach.
They might be uncomfortable at first, but with time being there they might enjoy the surrounding of other naked people. After a few hours ask him if he wants to join everyone with a nude swim or a walk on the beach. Maybe suggest a game of tossing a fresbie back and forth. If he is not comfortable removing his trunks, ask him if he mines that you can become naked in front of him. Suggest to him about walking the beach with you to talk. He might have questions like how are you comfortable being naked while he feels he needs to cover up. It could be his up bringing. You need to get him to talk. If he has questions, he might be ok withyou walking around naked.
If all of them do not like the idea, I suggest you post an ad on Craigslist for nudist roommates and get an apartment together with other like-minded individuals. Of course check them out to see if they would be a good fit.
You do not want to create problems for you while in school. You never know what the others will tell other people what it is like to live with you.
Just my 2 cents. I have had this problem myself while in college. Now that I own my own home, I start off by advertiseing an all-male nudist household and I seek out guys that like to be naked in a female free home. Less stress and awkwardness.
Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you wish to talk more. I do have a few other ideas that have worked for me in the past.

This post was edited

This is the kind of thing that one really needs to deal with up-front if being naked at home is really important: best is to get up the nerve to tell potential room-mates that you like to hang out naked in your room and around the house/apartment ahead of time ... (The best room-mate situation I had was one where we tried to name all the quirks ahead of time -- even so, there were issues, but we'd already begun to the process of negotiating them.)

Reallizard, above, has some wisdom when writing,

'saying something like, "When I'm alone I've gotten used to running around without my boxer shorts. I sure hope that it wouldn't freak you out if I did that. It's not like a sexual thing, dude, it's just free and easy. OK?"'

I like the attitude that comes out when he adds, 'I suspect if you deal with it directly and not ...give yourself a "weirdo" label like saying, "Oh by the way I'm a nudist".... '

Okay, true: we're "nudists" (this IS a nudist forum, right?) ... but to say, "It's free and easy," or "I'm a just lot more comfortable when I'm not wearing anything" takes a little of the "charge" out the situation. To say, "I'm a nudist," even when one is being truthful when one says that, might seem edgier to non-nudist roommates.

For what it's worth. Good luck, and I hope you get a bit more naked time at home!

Naked Badger

This post was edited

No big deal. At least, present it that way, and up front.
When interviewing a potential room mate, *after* everything else is settled, but before a commitment is made, I toss in an "Oh, by the way, would me being a nudist bother you ?"
So far, it's gotten laughter, and "whatever makes you happy" responses from both men and women.
There have been a few with a more negative response, with whom I've declined for other reasons.
After you're living together would be very awkward at best, and a disaster at worst.Just an opinion....

This post was edited

The first day we moved in and it came time for us to take a shower, I just stripped in the room while she was there, donned a towel for going to the community showers across the hall, and didn't put clothes on after I came back. My roommate didn't ask or even seem too bothered. We're the kind of roommates who don't really talk but live together fairly well. I think for women to women it's a bit different. With some of my guy friends that I've had to crash at for late night studying, we talked about it first and unfortunately none of them were okay with me just hanging around nude (not because I'm horrendous looking or anything =p) If I were in your situation I would probably just do it, and if anyone says anything or seems really freaked out then put clothes on and tell them your reasons.

This post was edited

Well, first of all, when you ask about "roomates," are you asking about ates for your room, or about mates for your roo?
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

This post was edited

This is something I'm preparing for in advance right now. I'm asking any friends who are interested in moving if they're comfortable with casual nudity. If we're already comfortable with it, it shouldn't be a problem when we finally get around to it.

This post was edited

That is exactly it! :D
Currently I've got one person who's totally comfortable with it and another one who's comfortable naked but not quite completely comfortable with going all the way with others (yet ironically, he's gone skinny dipping and done other activities nude).

This post was edited