RE: Bored with your own cooking?

lol...SuperDad, I actually saw that seasoning the other day and once my roommate boots out the ex, I'll be getting it. Never thought to try it on steak, was thinking of using it for some stir fry and maybe chicken wings, but I'll give it a go. You've convinced me. lol

Cuddle, lol..it's nice to know that I'm no the only one to turn a perfectly good spice into a complete disaster. But like you say, 90% of the time it's all good, but when it's bad...boy it's bad. lol...I remember one time (an early creation) I actually made people ill. lol...I'm a little more careful now.

Hehe...Phil, you're right, not too good for the cow. But there's always a looser in the end, isn't there? You'll be happy to know that I thank each and every cow for their valiant sacrifice for my taste buds, without them I would be half the man I am today! LOL...hmm...maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing. lol

This post was edited

Phil, you made me think of this, what is the difference between bacon and eggs for breakfast?

A days work for the chicken and a lifetime commitment for the pig.

This post was edited

Phil, you made me think of this, what is the difference between bacon and eggs for breakfast? A days work for the chicken and a lifetime commitment for the pig.

LOL, Good one Thomas !!!!!!!

Steve

This post was edited

Phil, you made me think of this, what is the difference between bacon and eggs for breakfast? A days work for the chicken and a lifetime commitment for the pig.
One is NOT, ......amused! ........hehe

I do eat eggs, but very, very young ones, the kind that don't have wings!

I know! I know! .....I'm not a Vegan, but I would like to be when I grow up!
Phil.

This post was edited

lol...Phil, that cartoon is enough to make ME vegan! I've had milk fresh from the cow, but never directly from the teet...

Jen

This post was edited

Well, mid-afternoon lunch today was pretty neat...I smoked a small pork loin with pecan wood for a couple of hours, after preparing it with my own "special rub", lol! The rub is a mix of North Carolina seasonings and pork seasoning that I stole from Emeril. Really turned out great.

My sweet wife made a big pot of red beans and some homemade French bread to top off the meal. She puts the bread machine to some great use. Absolutely awesome. And I'll have wonderful leftovers tomorrow!

This post was edited
RE: Ribeyes on the grill -- oh, yeah!

Dude...I just ate, and you're making me hungry! That sounds great!

I've got two 1" thick ribeyes marinating with a little fajita seasoning as a dry rub. About an hour before putting them on the grill, I'll mix a little Jim Beam and molasses and rub it into both sides of the steaks. Prep a couple of potatoes and let them bake while the grill is heating up. Add some mesquite chips for a little smoke. Toss a nice hunk of kielbasa on the grill as an appetizer. Grind sea salt and black pepper on the steaks as I place them on the medium-hot grill. Sear the first side and cook about 4 minutes, then turn and cook about 4 minutes. Medium-rare is just right! Let the steaks rest 5 minutes while tossing some salad.Dessert??? We had that to start the day!

This post was edited

"Steve's Country Style Ribs" Splash some Lea&Perrins Worcestershire Sauce on the ribs, rub in some garlic powder, onion powder, and "Cavenders" Greek Seasoning, then drizzle olive oil on the ribs. Rub all this in real well. Cover and marinate for one to two days in the fridge. I then cook them off in the pressure cooker at the 15lb setting for 15 to 20 minutes depending how may lbs of ribs I'm cooking, (I usually cook 25 to 30 lbs at a time). Then I take them out and pop them on the smoker for about 2 hours. I use Jack Daniels barrel chips for smoke. I sauce them during the last 1/2 hour on the smoker.

For sauce, I start out with "Mississippi Sweet and Mild" BBQ Sauce. (My brother in law owns the company that makes it, so I get it for free)... LOL To the Mississippi, I add Lea&Perrins Worcestershire, pineapple juice, honey, brown sugar, ground red pepper, garlic and onion powder, heat it up and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. It's ready for the ribs !!!! MMMMMMMMMMM Good !!!!

Steve

This post was edited

Gator1, Steve, BnB....it's 1:30 in the morning, but after reading those recipes I'm about ready to fire up the grill! They all sound mouth-watering good...

Jen

P.S. GATOR!!!! DON'T FORGET TO PUT SUNSCREEN ON! (especiallyon those areas that have never seen the light of a summer day!)

This post was edited

Gator1, Steve, BnB....it's 1:30 in the morning, but after reading those recipes I'm about ready to fire up the grill! They all sound mouth-watering good...JenP.S. GATOR!!!! DON'T FORGET TO PUT SUNSCREEN ON! (especiallyon those areas that have never seen the light of a summer day!)

My sweet wife said, as we were heading inside late afternoon that "your butt is kind of red. Keep it up and you may get rid of that cottontail, afterall!" LOL!

This post was edited