RE: Bored with your own cooking?

Got it Steve, thanks.

Steve

This post was edited

Here is something I make sometimes, that is cheap, pretty easy, no real recipe required and you can totally make it to your own preferences.You can find those boxes of Jiffy pizza crust mix for about 80 cents. Grab one, or even two if you want to make a big one. Gather up whatever vegetables you like, your favorite cheese, and if you like chicken, get some chicken breast and let it marinade. For a marinade I use some kind of chipotle/lime flavor, but then I like my food spicy. Cook/grill the chicken breast just until it is done, then tear it into small pieces, like shreddingit For vegetables, I use green chiles, onions, tomato, and cilantro.Make the crust, and bake it for a few minutes. Once the surface of it has hardened, take it out, and put the green chile sauce on it. Then put the cheese on there, whatever veggies you chose, and the cooked marinated chicken. Put it back into the oven until it is done.I call it sort of a New Mexico style pizza.

I missed this one. This sounds great! Thanks, Pilot

This post was edited

I made a meal last night that my sweet wife really enjoyed. I oven fried some pork chops (little butter on a baking dish, season pork chops with salt and pepper, some flour with salt, pepper and paprika. Dredge the chops to coat, then place in the dish and bake for 20 minutes, turn and bake another 10 until golden brown. Served with a pot of lentils, and a salad of a little lettuce, fresh spinach, tomato, onion. This was not much work, by the way, and is one of our favorites.

This post was edited

Hunter, that sounds good!!

This post was edited

I admit I do find myself using the same old stuff over and over again, but I
do experiment every so often. Since others are sharing favorite meals I
figure I'll do the same. This is a quick, easy and inexpensive meal for
those days you just don't fee like any thing complicated.

Easy Turkey
Sloppy Joes

1 pound ground Turkey

1 packet powdered Sloppy Joe Mix (preferred Wal-Mart it's the cheapest, but
any will do)

1 can of tomatoes with green chilies

1 bag of hamburger buns (any size or type, but I prefer nice wheat buns)

Brown ground Turkey
as you would normally brown ground hamburger, then drain what little grease
there is. Stir in the Powdered Sloppy Joe Mix until the meat is well
covered. Pour tomatoes with green chilies over top and stir well.
Cook for 5 -8 minutes depending on stove (ordinary I just use the temperature
and cooking time stated on the powdered mix). Serve on buns with cold
slaw, chips, beans or any other side dish you like and a nice pickle.

This post was edited

Thanks all for the great recipes!

Any more? I'm hungry! LOL

This post was edited
Bring some excitement to your cooking!

Here's a recipe I came across that I thought you'd all enjoy. I think even the vegetarians among us will appreciate it!

This is a chicken recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing - imagine that!! I thought it was perfect for people, like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.Give this a try:

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN
6-7 lb. Chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHERS LOW FAT)
Salt/pepper to taste
____

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds.

When the chicken's butt blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room, it is done.

Bon Appetite!

Jen

Laugh! It's good for your soul!

This post was edited
RE: Bring some excitement to your cooking!

LOL Jenn, have seen that recipe for turkey too.
Thomas

This post was edited

Here's a recipe I came across that I thought you'd all enjoy. I think even the vegetarians among us will appreciate it! This is a chicken recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing - imagine that!! I thought it was perfect for people, like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.Give this a try: BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN 6-7 lb. Chicken 1 cup melted butter 1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good) 1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHERS LOW FAT) Salt/pepper to taste ____ Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds. When the chicken's butt blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room, it is done. Bon Appetite! Jen Laugh! It's good for your soul!

Dang...I thought I was gonna be onto a good new recipe! That was a pretty unique funny!

I did run across a recipe for spinach stuffed chicken, while in the waiting room at the Dr. this morning. I think I might try it tonight.

This post was edited

Dang...I thought I was gonna be onto a good new recipe! That was a pretty unique funny!
I did run across a recipe for spinach stuffed chicken, while in the waiting room at the Dr. this morning. I think I might try it tonight.

Sounds good, let us know how it came out and share the recipe!

Jen

This post was edited