RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

Yes I will always happily strip right away but I know that not everyone is that comfortable

Did you feel that way when you first went to clothing optional locations?

This post was edited

Every resort I have visited is clothing not allowed.

This post was edited

Thanks where do you go so I can not go there.

This post was edited

I think many of us by now are aware of Lake Como's decision to no longer be C/O (which is a way of avoiding saying they are now Nude-Mandatory).

https://new.lakecomonaturally.com/about/faq/

"Lake Como is not a clothing-optional resort, but a traditional nudist resort where nudity is required in the pool and hot tub, and expected everywhere on the grounds, weather permitting. We are a clothes-free resort because we allow nudity throughout the grounds at all times."

Some will applaud that decision while others will bemoan it. I'm thinking specifically of LC regular visitors and members with "accompanying but nudity-avoidant" SO's. I can imagine some responses from these SO's along the lines of: "Wait...WHAT?! Are you telling me I now have to stay completely naked the entire time I'm at LC? Well sorry; but no. I'm never going back!" I'm not going to minimize the blow this could represent to the nudist spouse who has chosen LC as their primary nudist venue. As far as newbies...well, a well-informed newbie would know what the expectation is from researching LC; and decide whether they are ready to be naked from check-in, or need to acclimate at a C/O resort.

The argument now seems to be: Is it appropriate to be clothed in a naked environment if it makes the naked people uncomfortable to be around you?

To that point:
There is probably a very good reason why LC decided on such a drastic change in policy - at the risk of losing visitors and revenue. One of the possible and plausibe - reasons being a "textilization issue" within the resort.

I think most of us aren't opposed to the C/O philosophy. But. When the naked person outside the pool area ends up being the only uncovered person around and thus the odd one I think the resort has lost sight of its nudist purpose: creating an environment conducive to people being comfortable naked.

The next time I'm in Florida, I will choose Lake Como as a nudist destination. I know my wife would be more comfortable getting around the resort naked if nudity is practiced everywhere on the premises. But that's just us...or is it?

This post was edited

I think many of us by now are aware of Lake Como's decision to no longer be C/O (which is a way of avoiding saying they are now Nude-Mandatory).https://new.lakecomonaturally.com/about/faq/"Lake Como is not a clothing-optional resort, but a traditional nudist resort where nudity is required in the pool and hot tub, and expected everywhere on the grounds, weather permitting. We are a clothes-free resort because we allow nudity throughout the grounds at all times."Some will applaud that decision while others will bemoan it. I'm thinking specifically of LC regular visitors and members with "accompanying but nudity-avoidant" SO's. I can imagine some responses from these SO's along the lines of: "Wait...WHAT?! Are you telling me I now have to stay completely naked the entire time I'm at LC? Well sorry; but no. I'm never going back!" I'm not going to minimize the blow this could represent to the nudist spouse who has chosen LC as their primary nudist venue. As far as newbies...well, a well-informed newbie would know what the expectation is from researching LC; and decide whether they are ready to be naked from check-in, or need to acclimate at a C/O resort.The argument now seems to be: Is it appropriate to be clothed in a naked environment if it makes the naked people uncomfortable to be around you?To that point:There is probably a very good reason why LC decided on such a drastic change in policy - at the risk of losing visitors and revenue. One of the possible and plausibe - reasons being a "textilization issue" within the resort.I think most of us aren't opposed to the C/O philosophy. But. When the naked person outside the pool area ends up being the only uncovered person around and thus the odd one I think the resort has lost sight of its nudist purpose: creating an environment conducive to people being comfortable naked.The next time I'm in Florida, I will choose Lake Como as a nudist destination. I know my wife would be more comfortable getting around the resort naked if nudity is practiced everywhere on the premises. But that's just us...or is it?

I have read that at many clothing optional resorts, many people were clothed for dinner and to a lesser extent breakfast in the restaurant.
Was that the situation at Lake Como in the past?
If so, how are people adjusting to being nude in the restaurant?

This post was edited

Prefer clothign optional verses clothign not allowed. Wife is a textile (non-nudist). SHe does come to clothign optional events with me. Unfortunately our nearest nudist campground is couples only and mandated nude in water of pond and jacuzzi. There is no impact of clothign on chemicals in hot tubs and jacuzzis as many nudist locations claim. And there is no impact of clothing in the ponds. The mandating of being nude is to drive off gawkers i understand but it should be optional and not mandated for mixed couples to enjoy together.

This post was edited

I personally enjoy being nude and respect those who may not be comfortable enough yet to be nude. So I say optional

This post was edited

19 pages of posts. Don't know whether I've posted here before or not.

I prefer that everyone be nude -- nudity required, not clothing optional.

But I understand why some resorts are clothing optional -- more people will go if they have the choice.

The men's resort near me is fully clothing optional. That is, there is no place or time where clothing is required and no place or time where clothing is prohibited.

I arrive already nude (drive there nude), am nude the entire time I'm there, and drive home nude. Some resorts require clothing in the dinning facilities -- not so at this resort.

Other guys are clothed the entire time, even in the pool, sauna, and hot tub. Some resorts require nudity in pool, sauna, and hot tub.

This post was edited

I have not been to many different resorts. There is the one I most frequently visit in Missouri, the Forty Acre Club. It is nude mandatory at the pool and clothing optional everywhere else. Most often I see naked people everywhere until it gets chilly at night. I have visited Florida twice now. First was to Cypress Cove then a couple years later to (I believe it was) Suwannee Valley Resort. Both times I was there in January. January is a little cold for most Floridians it seems. Both times I found myself at times the only naked guy amongst a group of clothed people. What I came to realize is that as long as I know I am accepted being naked and no one can be offended, I dont care. I was just as comfortable naked amongst those clothed people as I am amongst a group that is entirely naked.

This post was edited

AndyDi, I Agree with you 100 percent! Those have been my exact thoughts and experiences for decades. I Remember once, me and my ex wife went to a Naturist Society Gathering in Tennessee. It was a hot and humid PERFECT summer evening but roughly half the "nudists" had some kind of cover-up on. The kicker was that like 75 percent of the TNS employees were wearing wraps, sarongs and extra long shirts. They were there to promote Body Acceptance and Body Positivity but looked more like they were there as part of some fashion show or to sell merchandise to people that should never wear stuff like that in a Nudist setting in the first place. My ex said let's get out of here, I don't want to be naked around all these clothed people. We wound up sticking around but it was very uncomfortable.

This post was edited