RE: Potential Nudists

WE vacation, recently, with some close textile friends. We spent 3 days and 2 nights together but in separate hotel rooms. Funny thing is ... we will stay with our nudist friends, in the same hotel room and not think a thing about it but with the textile friends ... not gonna happen! hahahaha
Anyway ... we were on a walk along the bay and our female friend asked me a question because she saw something on my FB page. She said ... "you recently "liked" something on the Glen Eden (our nudist club) FB page ... what was that for?" I said, "I can't remember ... some event?" She said ... "oh, but why would you like something on that page?" I said ... "when we can sit down and talk about it, in length, we are more than happy to talk about it!" She said ... "okay ... looking forward to it!"
I wondered when my "likes" on FB would finally come up for questions. Between AANR, AANR - West, Black's Beach, Glen Eden Sun Club, Club Orient and the countless other nude clubs and resorts I've "liked" ... I was hoping someone would finally break the ice and ask us about it. We've just been waiting for the door to open so we can talk about it.
This female friend is always making jokes like; "well, now that means I can't wash the dishes naked anymore," or "now that we have a live in guest, I can't do the housework naked anymore!" and the more recent, while walking into a memorial service and the wind was blowing her dress up, she says, after grabbing and holding onto the dress ... "good thing I decided to wear underwear today!"
We're not sure what her deal is because she's made other negative comments so ... we're letting my wife take the lead on this discussion! :D

This post was edited

Good for you for being able to be so open and honest with your friend. I think that there are a lot of people in that situation, who actually enjoy relaxing naked but are worried about the social stigma attached. By being open, honest, natural and respectful those of us who do enjoy naturism can encourage many who would love t try it but haven't yet dare.

This post was edited

Have you ever had a friend who is not a nudist but sometimes you wonder if he/she would be open to it? It is something I ask myself often. I guess the real question is how to you bring that up for discussion?One of my good friends Lena, I knew her a long time and always say at her house and vise versa. She knows I am a nudist but its not something she will go around and tell anyone. One thing I always notice is how casual her mother is. What she will wear when I am over. She will come out of the shower or something and just hang out in a robe which may occasionally opens up and she never seems to mind. I always get a sense that she would be open to such a lifestyle but also fear I would be wrong and offend her by bringing it up. It is that fine line you have to walk i guess as a nudist sometimes. Does anyone know of someone like this? Have you ever thought to ask about it? If so, i would love to hear how you brought up the topic and how it worked out.it depends a lot on particular circumstances I guess. A lot has changed for me in the past few years and I'm now lucky enough to share my house for half the year with a couple of people who are open to naturism or are slowly turning to naturists themselves. This only really happened because after a few weeks of living together I started being a little more relaxed with clothing . . . door open when changing or evenings naked on the balcony. Needless to say it caught on and it's super nice :) I don't really think it can offend if it's brought up properly and positively . . . . I think deep down most people - especially younger people - feel they'd like to shed their clothes, afterall it's just another (literal) materialistic creation of society. Don't we all want to be like mowgli, naked and free as a bird?
So yes, increasingly with people around my age, or people I think are open to the idea of social naturism then I am more inclined to be open about nudity. Actually being open and talking about my preference to be naked (which does link with my character and passion for the environment and nature) has led to finding out many of my friends also at least prefer beach time naked and has led to some really awesome beach bbq's and overnight stays.I'd say be open but stay clothed, you'll probably be super surprised how many people are open and keen on the idea, especially people around our age!

This post was edited