RE: Thongs?

Perhaps some people with clothed profile pictures uploaded them when they were relatively new to nudism and did not have a naked picture available.If they have subsequently uploaded nude pictures it could be that they have simply not bothered to update their profile.

This post was edited

Wearing a thong or G string means you are WAY OVERDRESSED. in my opinion.

This post was edited

same word different meaning to me a thong is what we wera on our feet some call them flip flops similar to sandals but just uses your big toe to hold them in place. a g-string is what somw woman wear to beach or when playign sports - yes was bit distracting seeing a co-worker playing squash wearing white shorts and black g-string/thong But yep agree if your on nudist site then should be nude

Technically speaking, a thong is a g-string that has more fabric that goes up the backside in that it covers the anus but still does not cover the butt cheeks. A g-string does not cover the anus. There is a difference. Both genders wear both, as well as any other genders you can come up with.

As for the flip flop part of it, you're right.

This post was edited

In Australia we wear them on our feet.and call them "Shoe strings" LOL

This post was edited

I agree if your a nudist it's all or nothing

This post was edited

I agree if your a nudist it's all or nothingHmmm.....well, since I can't be nude as often as I like, it's "as little as I can get away with, or nothing".
I understand the backlash (pun intended) against thongs/g-strings. They have their place, usually womens' underwear. I can't speak for the gay community, but I'm sure those articles of "clothing" have their place too.
A reason for wearing one that I can understand is if you're in a place where you can wear as little as a thong/g-string but have to have at least that. In such a case, a thong that you can't see through, but the sun can get through, allows you to be as nude as you can get and work on that overall tan that we often cherish.
For those that are members of the Artistic Photography groups, quite often tan lines detract from the photo you are trying to create. I take photos for my wife. It's actually really difficult to get that overall tan when you don't live in a place where you have an official nude beach. So, the uncomfortable dental floss has its place and a reason for each person that wears one. We often complain about how society is not tolerant of nudists. It surprises me, to some degree, that nudists can often be rather intolerant of others if they're not nudist enough. Then again, it is human nature.

This post was edited

Perhaps some people with clothed profile pictures uploaded them when they were relatively new to nudism and did not have a naked picture available.If they have subsequently uploaded nude pictures it could be that they have simply not bothered to update their profile.This could well explain why some have clothed photos here. People starting to be interested in nudism and wanting to share photos of themselves before they felt OK with being nude online. Then there are also those who because of work or similar reasons not feeling OK with being seen nude here, but still wanting to add a human perspective to their profile by sharing clothed photos.
Tongue in cheek time, I'd be embarrassed to be seen clothed on a nudist site, I wouldn't want friends to think that I'm a secret textile! Sometime ago when I saw myself clothed in a photo I thought that I looked uncomfortable compared to how I look when nude, as I feel far more comfortable and relaxed when naked that's not really a surprise to me. I went through various other photos comparing them and felt that I did look more relaxed in the nudist ones, its all perception but I'm aware of it when being photographed in either context. I'm convinced now that I'm far more relaxed when photographed in nudist situations.

This post was edited

Wearing anything makes me uncomfortable, and a thong would be unbearable. If I have to cover up, I prefer a skirt or a wrap. Should you ever see me dressed, you can be sure I'm not wearing any underwear.

This post was edited

I am surprised how many TrueNudists post pictures of them self in a thong or T shirt. While a thong may be sexy it does not seem to be what a true nudist would post. I if want to be nude, I want to be totally nude. Other thoughts?Why Do Any Nudists Wear A Thong? If You Are Going To Be Nude...Be Nude!

This post was edited

In Australia we wear them on our feet.Good one.

This post was edited