Transgendered people and acceptance.

I know its been a super long time since I've posted anything on here, but I do have a question for all of u.
I
have a friend who I told about the nude beach I visit. She seemed
interested, so I said she was more than welcome to join in if she wanted
to. She told me she would be afraid to go. The thing is..my friend is
transgendered. She hasn't yet undergone surgery yet, but has be going
through hormone therapy, so she has breasts but still presently has the
male genitalia she was born with. Because of this she is afraid people
will stare and get odd looks and comments and such.
I have told
her that most nudists that visit that beach are quite open and mostly
likely wont really care and/ or even notice. Its kind of a shame really,
I think she would rather enjoy that beach and i know she would more
than likely go with and enjoy it, if it wasnt for that one aspect.
So
my question is; since transgendered people like my friend are a rare
group among the nudist community...just how accepted would she be if she
were to go to the beach?
Any transgendered people out there that frequent nude beaches (and/ or even resorts) that care to share their experiences?

This topic was edited
RE: Transgendered people and acceptance.

I suspect I would look but not stare. But after the initial surprise I believe I'd be quite comfortable and welcoming toward your friend, especially after learning the reason for the mixed appearance, particularly since I myself have man boobs and a small penis and drawn up restocked due to testosterone injections. No doubt I'm looked at as an oddity initially by newcomers.

Jim Shedd

This post was edited

Nudist people will treat your nude transgendered friend just as they would if she was clothed. If a person is accepting and welcoming to a transgendered person in the textile world, they will be just as accepting and welcoming in the nude environment.
Nudism does NOT erase any and all prejudices. Nudists are people, plain and simple. Just because a person takes off their clothes and calls themselves a nudist, doesn't automatically make them accepting of ALL people. WE all have our opinions, philosophies and prejudices and they don't fall to the ground with our clothes. Sadly ... that IS the truth!
;-)

This post was edited

Yes, people are people. Nudists TEND to be accepting on body types and physical conditions and imparements.
This person has not accepted his own body. It should not be surprising that others would not accept his choice to
artifically change it.

This post was edited

What's concerning is if someone passes creepy looks or worse, this would ruin her experience for ever. True Nudist wouldn't do it, but then there are always wanna be Nudists around.

This post was edited

What's concerning is if someone passes creepy looks or worse, this would ruin her experience for ever. True Nudist wouldn't do it, but then there are always wanna be Nudists around.

This is very true. And I feel she is most concerned with something like that happening. I personally highly doubt it would though.

This post was edited

I agree completely with Campingbare. I would not be mean to anyone but I also have a right to my view. Just because it is not the same as some, makes me no less a nudist. Mike

This post was edited