Going public opinion

I know this is nudist at home group but I want to get opinions on if going public the first time would be easier/less intimidating at a clothing optional beach or in a club Setting?

This topic was edited
RE: Going public opinion

In both settings you will encounter supportive people - many of whom have gone through the same transformation as you from being home nudists to becoming social nudists. If you know someone who belongs to a nudist club - it may be a good start for you to go together with them. If you are planning to go on your own - the clothing-optional beach may be easier as there are usually no entry formalities. At the nudist club there would be an element of talking your way in - this could feel a bit intimidating the first time although most clubs are very friendly and would give you a good introduction to social nudism. Good luck to you!

This post was edited

Go for the clothing optional beach.Then you can take it as slow or as quickly as u like... I recommend quick! That way you get to the joys of being naked and free quicker and you'll wonder what the fuss was all about too.It's how i started... And that was at 11, not looked back since....Good choice. It's the way i started although a lot older than 11. I was kind of concerned/anxious at first but after a few minutes...heaven!

This post was edited

Yes, either choice is good but it's probably a better ideato start at a nude/clothing optional beach. Although you can still have the same reaction, by some, that you would at a nude resort. Couples and single women tend to be a bit cautious with single men in these venues. Find the active, younger crowd and make conversation and hopefully it will work well for you.
Many nude beaches have a volleyball group. Get involved in a game and spend a little time with them, let them get to know you. It grows from there. They will in turn introduce you to others and before you know it, you'll have many new acquaintances, friends and possible invitations to future gatherings at the beach or to a club/resort.

This post was edited

The clothing optional was how I got started in my mid twenties. My male roommate and two girls in the same age range went with me. One of the girls had been there the week before and was very eager to return. After parking, we all walked down to the beach near the sea wall and laid out our blanket. The experienced girl immediately got naked. All though I had not had much experience being naked with women, I decided to go for it and quickly stripped down. My roommate did likewise. I spent the first couple of minutes laying on my stomach, but that quickly passed. The second girl (roommate to the other) was a bit slower. She left her panties on for awhile, but finally ditched those before we all enjoyed a naked lunch and then a stroll on the beach. It was such a bummer to put clothes back on and return home. The first girl and I returned a week later and I have never had an issue with public nudity since. You will be completely comfortable within about 5 minutes and wonder why it took you so long to make the transition.
Good luck!

This post was edited

Thank you all for the opinions, I am landlocked in Missouri so a small resort or club would be easiest but I am heading down to Florida in a few months So I just wanted to hear what you all had to say.

This post was edited

I know this is nudist at home group but I want to get opinions on if going public the first time would be easier/less intimidating at a clothing optional beach or in a club Setting?

This post was edited

This post was edited

This post was edited

Go for the clothing optional beach.Then you can take it as slow or as quickly as u like... I recommend quick! That way you get to the joys of being naked and free quicker and you'll wonder what the fuss was all about too.It's how i started... And that was at 11, not looked back since....I second this opinion. Just do exactly what you would do when you arrive at a textile beach. When you arrive at a textile beach, you put your stuff down, take off your shirt, then probably set up your chair or towel, bag...whatever.
Do the same thing, just add the step of taking your pants off after your shirt and just keep doing what you normally do. You will likely find that you're paying attention to getting your chair in the sand exactly how you want it and putting your bag right where you want it...not concentrating on the fact that you're nude, because nobody will be looking at you strangely.
If you're concerned about having an unwanted reaction (a common concern), lay your towel down first. Then go about undressing and setting everything else up. If that unwanted reaction happens, just lie down on your stomach, relax and soak in the rays for a few minutes. All will be well after that.
I was a little surprised at how easy it was, just continuing on as though nothing was out of the ordinary. Just focusing on normal things like your towl, chair, cooler....whether your stuff is lined up with the sun....all that keeps you from thinking about what you're worried about. It was actually quite easy, very liberating, very reassuring and now it is simply second nature. It's just one additional step.
If you end up in a conversation with someone, just fully engage in the conversation. You'll find that you are actually having a conversation and might even forget your attire at the time.
Good luck. Above all, relax and enjoy. That's the point.

This post was edited

I think a resort is best for first time because you are among like minded people beaches can be a mixed bag. WIth places like Haulover where naturists actively police the beach being the exception

This post was edited