HOW FAR WOULD YOU TRAVEL TO MEET OTHERS

I am a little curious about how far TN users would be willing to go to meet other nudists. One complaint you often here is " There is no one in my area". Often, if you do a search of the area in question there are many, some even in the room at the time. Granted not all are going to be " real " nudists, but still. Most States in the U.S. can be crossed in a few hours, that opens up a lot of meeting room. I thought I would post a few questions about what you are willing to do to meet others.
1. How far would you be willing to travel to meet a member of TN ?

a. One hour drive time ?
b. Two hours of drive time?
2. Would you only drive that far just to meet? Would it have to be a nudist event? or would you drive that far the first time just to be sure that you got along?
3. What Type of nudist would you drive that far for?

a. Anyone
b. Only a couple
c. only a female
d. only a male
One of the reasons I'm so curious is some of us drive an hour or better to work, or to golf, or hunt, fish, and many other reasons.

This topic was edited
RE: HOW FAR WOULD YOU TRAVEL TO MEET OTHERS

Andy and Di, and Rabbit and Bunny, thank you for your answers

This post was edited

I am a little curious about how far TN users would be willing to go to meet other nudists. One complaint you often here is " There is no one in my area". Often, if you do a search of the area in question there are many, some even in the room at the time. Granted not all are going to be " real " nudists, but still. Most States in the U.S. can be crossed in a few hours, that opens up a lot of meeting room. I thought I would post a few questions about what you are willing to do to meet others.1. How far would you be willing to travel to meet a member of TN ? a. One hour drive time ? b. Two hours of drive time? 2. Would you only drive that far just to meet? Would it have to be a nudist event? or would you drive that far the first time just to be sure that you got along?3. What Type of nudist would you drive that far for? a. Anyone b. Only a couple c. only a female d. only a maleOne of the reasons I'm so curious is some of us drive an hour or better to work, or to golf, or hunt, fish, and many other reasons.In my opinion, it has more to do with what the person is about, their interests, etc. than where they are. I don't want to meet someone just because they're nudist; we need to have some common interests. Nudist is only part of who we are. I've been messaging a guy in southern CA about camping trips. That'd be a few hours drive, but if we both enjoy camping, it could be a match, a potential friendship.
Now, having said that, we did meet a friend in Spain last July from TrueNudists - so I guess you could say we travelled 6,000 miles to meet!

This post was edited

I travel frequently and would happily meet a TN member for coffee or at a naturist resort for the day but it would have to work in with plans I already had. I would never plan to drive 6 or 7 hours just to hang out naked at some stranger's home. I have met a few TN members at various nude swims and clubs and have stayed in touch with most of them but the vast majority of my naturist friends have been made in the real world and I constantly encourage others to do the same. I also encourage people to be open about the fact they are naturists. How can other naturists find you if they don't know you are naturists in the first place?

This post was edited

I guess for me it would be two hours. More of a drive than that and I am uncomfortable for hours after.

This post was edited

A couple hours drive to meet a new couple is ok but hope we had talked enough that we can meet in a place we can get naked. Our closest club is 3 1/2 hrs away. We do drive 3-4 maybe 5 hrs for events with clubs.

This post was edited

I am willing to travel about an hour or two. I would set up a meeting in a public place first so both parties are comfortable, and I don't really care who I meet, as the initial meeting would determine for all involved whether they want to meet again later, depending on their first impressions. However I am flexible.

This post was edited

Depends on the circumstances.
If it is a meeting at a non nude setting; coffeeshop, diner etc. then an hour or so. If both parties meet halfway that doubles the radius of potential meet ups. We met a couple from here just that way. We met at the halfway point for both at a diner. They have become some of our closest friends. Here in the heavily populated northeast I think it is easier to make friends.
If on the other hand, we're setting up a meeting in a nude environment like a nude beach or club then probably much further. If things don't work out we always have nude time for the remainder of our visit. We are tentatively meeting another couple from here on TN at Playalinda this fall. We'll be in central Florida anyway and they live there so maybe the stars will be in alignment to make some new friends. It's all a journey. Enjoy the ride.

This post was edited

I have traveled distances ranging from an hour to a few hours before just to go to a new club or resort. I have not met anyone from here as of yet, but then a lot have not responded back to my requests either. But I would say that I would probably do the same kind of travel to meet a new friend if there is other stuff to do in the area encase it doesn't work out.

This post was edited

It seems like an hours drive to meet someone for coffee or lunch or dinner is well within most nudists comfort zone. If two people are willing to drive an hour or so each, that covers a lot of ground. Not much reason for good honest nudists on this site to meet up. Perhaps more of an effort should be made by all of us.
Any thoughts?

This post was edited

We've met up witha few couplesfrom the internet ... it didn't really pan out. It was a friendly visit but we found that we didn't really have that much in common. One couple, he was into nudism, she was not but humored him in some home nudity and on rare occasion, at their nude beach, but that was it. She thought the whole internet naturist social media thing was dumb and didn't care for it. I've met a couple of guys from the internet and it's been okay. I've even gone to the beach with one guy a couple of times BUT ... I'm always asked about my wife. Their wife doesn't want to participate but they want to know when my wife is going to come along. Those kinds of questions tend to send up red flags for me.
If we've met at a club or resort and hit if off, as we have with our closest friends who are also nudists, we travel to other states to visit them, as we have with our close nudist friends. It takes quite a bit for me to go beyond the internet communication on these boards to be comfortable enough to get my wife onboard with meeting internet nudist friends. I'm pretty protective of her and need to be. She loves being a nudist and participates 95% but isn't as gung ho at meeting people as I am and is still a very private person.
Now ... your profile states you're in Phoenix. We do travel to AZ; Laughlin, Havasu, Phoenix, Tucson ... it is very possible that we may meet up or be visiting the same nudist place at the same time. That would be awesome!
:-)

This post was edited