RE: Favorite Recipes

Do U like beef? If so, I have a great recipe for Beef Shanks. It is a leg cut with lots of meat and the round bone in the middle of the shank.
1. Brown in a pan with HOT olive oil. Take the shanks out, turn the heat down to Med-High; sautee the onions, celery & carrots. Add the sliced garlic(thin sliced) and let the pan simmer for a minute or two. DO NOT burn the veggies. Now, add at least 1 - 1.5 cups of a dry(er) Red wine. Simmer for 3- 4 minutes. Return the shanks to the pan.Pour in the juices that have releasted. Turn down the heat toMid-Simmer. Add 2 TBS of Tomato Paste, Bay Leaf, ground black pepper and a 1/4 spoon of Fennel seed. Let simmer for about 10 - 15 mins. NOW, turn it down to Slow Simmer and add at least 1 - 1.5 cups of V8 juice; Hot or regular; depends on what U like. Put this on the back burner and just monitor the amount of liquid. Add .5 of either, but let it simmer and take on the taste of the juice & spices. U can add Oregano or Basil - Ur choice. Depends on Ur tastes.
I usually serve with a small Spinach salad and HOT French bread; or really garlic laced Italian bread.
Sauteed Italian green beans in tomato sauce & garlic with red onion makes the meal PERFECT.
Hope this HELPS.................

This post was edited

Ihave this same problem, but worse because i have 3 kids, who NEVER agree on eating the same foods!! So i thought i would share one of our faves, that e all agree on! There are so many ways to make taco salad, but here is mine.
Take 1lb of ground beef, brown and season
Cut up a head of lettuce
set to the side, then using a 9x13 pan Use a bag of frito scoops layering the bottom of the pan, (use the bigger bag), then spread seasoned beef on top of scoops, set that aside, take smooth taco sauce, mild med or hot, depending on how spicy you like it, mix the entire jar with 4 TBSP of mayo, then pour that over the meat, then take your shredded lettuce and put it on top of sauce mixture, then use a can of black olives, spread that over salad (can also use tomatoes or whatever else you may like), then top with cheddar cheese.

No baking involved, and very easy and TASTY!! Good Luck! XX Kate

This post was edited
love to cook

one of my Favs
Aunt Lydia Caserole (named because she taught it to me)
it's layerd dish
1)
saute green onion and garlic (it just isn't the same without the green onion)
fine egg noodles (thick ones do not work. break up linguine), cooked and mixed with sour cream, and galic/onionmix
layer with any pasta sauce, cooked sausage, cheese (sharp chedder) mushrooms
bake ... till cheese melts
Desert ...
Choclate cake with strawberry Jam
Bubble bath to end the night

This post was edited

Bump for a friend

This post was edited